Family/Green Card Immigration

U.S. immigration laws allow for a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident to petition for an immigrant visa (also called a “green card”) for certain family members. The first step in obtaining an immigrant visa for a family member is to file an I-130 “Petition for Alien Relative.”The likelihood of the petition being granted depends on whether the petitioner is a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident and what level of preference is afforded the beneficiary.

The order of priority for obtaining a family-based green card is as follows:

    • Spouses of U.S. citizens, unmarried children under the age of 21 of U.S. citizens, and parents of adult U.S. citizens;

Dallas green card immigration attorneys

  • Unmarried children over the age of 21 of U.S. citizens;
  • Spouses of lawful permanent residents and unmarried children of lawful permanent residents;
  • Married children of U.S. citizens;
  • Siblings of adult U.S. citizens.

Fiancé / Fiancée Visas

If you are engaged to marry a United States citizen, or if you are a United States citizen seeking to bring for your fiancé/fiancée to the United States so that you can marry here, you may be interested in applying for a K-1 Visa. The K-1 Visa allows a person who is not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident entry to marry a citizen. The marriage must occur within ninety days of the foreign fiancé/fiancée’s arrival in the United States.

Other Immigration Law Matters

Our law firm handles a variety of immigration law matters that our clients may encounter. Some additional immigration issues we deal with include:

  • Adjustment of Status
  • Divorce and Child Custody Matters with Immigration Consequences
  • Exchange of Status for Non-Immigrant Visas
  • Family Hardship Waivers

Click here to contact your Dallas green card immigration attorney.